Homemade Electrolyte Drink
Iconic Health Clubs have teamed up with the fantastic Eva Burg. Eva is a qualified Nutrition & Health Coach and an award-winning Health & Fitness Blogger. She is the voice, cook and photographer behind The Healthy Tart blog where she shares recipes & nutrition advice for a healthier, happier you.
This month it is time to ditch the sugar-laden Sports Drinks in favour of a Homemade Electrolyte Drink. It isn’t just easy but also much healthier and cheaper, try it!
Servings: 750 ml
Author: The Healthy Tart
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 tea bags choose a flavour you like – fruity ones are good, rooibos also works well
- 5 teaspoons glucose powder
- 5 teaspoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 Pinch salt or Elete electrolytes (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil, mix in the glucose powder, palm sugar and salt or electrolytes and stir until it’s dissolved.
- Add the tea bags and let steep according to the directions on the package.
- Allow to cool before consumption.